You will need the annotated following:
- ratchet and socket
- a beneficial screw driver (I use Craftsman)
- one thing to stay on (i personally use a old kitty litter pail)
- anything to sleep the filters on, instead of gravel or grass (i personally use an old cookie sheet)
- a hose, with a nozzle
- a tube of silicone polymer oil
- a few tiny throwaway towels, to wipe silicone polymer off your hands
- torso energy and good lifting method
- every single day with ambient conditions above freezingFind somewhere in your yard which has a 5 to 9 foot "splash area" where you will not be spraying your property, it really is basis, or pH sensitive and painful shrubbery or desert plants, a few foot from the curb (you will have over-flow of some water that will run into the street). I always clean the filters regarding driveway. but I moved to the easement between my property plus the neighbor's this year the cleansing.
1. Make fully sure your pump is turned-off. Disconnect the energy, and also make yes it's not going to immediately turn on mid-way through cleansing.
2. Valve your consumption to attract through the bottom associated with the pool rather than from skimmer.
3. Relieve the stress regarding huge filter body. behind the stress measure on top for the big filter human anatomy, you will find slightly relief device that will bleed the air away safely. Loosen it, and you'll hear hissing from the device, and "glug glug glugging" as liquid bubbles up through system. These two are "normal" noises.
4. Remove the defensive thread shield limit plus don't drop it. You will need to put it back in location while you are done.
5. Whenever huge filter body pressure relief valve checks out "zero" ("0"), it is possible to loosen the spring-loaded fan with a ratchet and plug. Try to retain the nut-thrust washer-spring-washer set up stacking, after eliminating it through the T-bolt, to easily keep in mind how it goes back on.
6. Eliminate the T-bolt, and then give the filter human body a big bear hug. With a twisting and raising movement, you'll lift the upper filter body down, and set it apart close-by inside shade (leave it in the sun, if you want to burn off yourself once you reassemble from the heated plastic). Be mindful while you lift the filter human body, as there is silicone lubricant all over the mating o-ring seat, and you wouldn't like to wipe that silicone on the report filters and contaminate all of them, or they're going to switch brown over-time, as evidenced when you look at the preceding picture. Top of the filter human body weighs in at about 30 pounds - not very heavy - however it is cumbersome and somewhat unwieldy, if you do not have a 6 foot reach with which to accept the large plastic cylindrical filter human anatomy.
7. Remove the filters, one by one or two by two, whichever works best for you. The 4-leaf-clover end caps are idiot-proofed, and cannot be incorrectly installed. They need to be removed and cleaned as well.
8. Carry the dirty filters away from your pool, to the cleaning area - I simply take them two by two, one in each hand. Crowding your cleaning area with lots of dirty filters can cause the cleaned ones to get back-splashed, and since they are expensive, you don't want to leave them curbside for an enterprising entrepreneur to snatch up when you are traversing back to your back yard (ahhh, city life!).
9. Now the blasting can start. Ensure that the cooking pan you will be using perspectives away from your legs, or perhaps you'll be soaked once you are done cleaning. Put each filter on the cooking pan, individually, and position the filter in order that gravity assists your sprayed water-stream to encourage dirt particles to run along the filter and on the floor. You will find pest parts, locks, tiny seeds, disintegrated poly styrene cooler left over small balls, and many different tiny particles which have managed to make it though the trash displays when you look at the pump and pre-filters cleansing out onto the surface. Blast from the outside, at a downward direction. See the image, to show my point.
Water and dust particles that initially be removed the filters will be chlorinated, nevertheless they will decline in ion content quickly, as hose pipe liquid floods on the filter paper. You can actually visibly see dust, mud, thorax, wings, pest minds, hair, washing straight down and off the filters over the pan (or driveway). It is great and good and reveals that your blasting is having a confident impact.
10. After blasting throughout, flip the filter, and blast once more throughout, rotating in 10 to 15 degree increments. This can help dislodge large particles having worked their means between the tight folded mesh report. Continue doing this 7 even more times, one flip for each of the 8 filters.
11. Make use of your screw motorist to carefully loosen the drain connect on the filter human body. CANNOT over-tighten. I over-tightened multiple times in 2007 once I first began doing my own filter maintenance. It requires very little torque to keep set up. Over tightening can cause the big white drain connect to-break and LEAK, and additionally they are priced at $8 each to displace. Avoid a pipe wrench to tighten up this, unless you are very very delicate with a sizable pipeline wrench. About 20 gallons of liquid comes gushing from the lower 1 / 2 of the filter human body. 12. Because the waster gushes completely, each inside and encourage gravel and hefty dirt to flow out the drain. You can do this carefully along with your hand, making certain not to brush the silicone polymer covered O-ring to your waistline. A hose can be used besides, to shoot them out. You wish to get just as much gravel out as you're able, just before re-assemble.
13. There's a-wing nut equipped strain plug of many Hayward pump figures besides. Loosen it manually and encourage any tiny gravel (pre-pump) out of the tiny drain gap also. DO NOT use a large device to tighten this wing nut. Designers invest wing peanuts so your "average human" can tighten up and loosen yourself, perhaps not with a wrench or pliers. Might damage the costly pump human anatomy in the event that you over-tighten.
14. Blast the synthetic and line mesh pre-filters baskets with hose water. Don't "thump" all of them from the surface or your hand or something solid, given that baskets aren't built to endure INFLUENCE. They're going to break, or dent, and after that you'll be out dozens or countless bucks in replacement prices. I did not destroy one, but I DID SO crack one of many pump basket's plastic strands slightly, and treat all of them more gingerly today.